- Each medal ranking is divided into six tiers, from zero to five stars.
- Medals are earned based on the highest skill level obtained during the season. A medal cannot decrease in rank.
- Medals are retired at the end of each season and displayed next to the new medal for the next season.
- Medals are visible to all players.
- Both solo and party ranked MMR is considered when determining medal ranks. Solo MMR plays a larger role.
- Ancient and Divine ranks can only be earned through solo MMR.
- Players who achieve five-stars on Divine rank will have their medal displayed on the leaderboards, and their leaderboard ranking displayed in-game underneath the medal.
- The MMR rankings below are rough estimations that do not take the combination of solo and party MMRs into consideration. Valve does not use a single fixed number when determining medal rank.
- Players who achieve top division rankings on the regional Leaderboards will earn special five-star Divine medals.
|Divine 5 Stars|
|Listed on Leaderboards||Top 100||Top 10|
|-||Gold rank number||Gold rank number + Particle effect|